30.10.13

It's not about the money

Have you ever seen a family so rich yet they looked so forlorn even with families surrounding them?

I have learnt something at this 'tender' age of mine, and that is money cannot buy everything. It could buy SOME things but the best things are always FREE.

Why, you ask?

Think about it. Does a smile cost you? Your mother's unending love for you, does it cost you anything?
Your health, time, love, family. All these can't be bought, not
even a million ringgit can.

I have always thought that so many things matter over money. You need it, but it shouldn't define you. It shouldn't change you. Because it is not yours to begin with. It belongs to Allah.

I do not claim to be a pious servant, but that much I would like to believe in myself. It breaks my heart to see money changing people. The smiles that paint their faces which will only last for so long.

I am without a doubt a person full of flaws. But I do hope, Allah gives me the strength to remain who I am, because the rezeki that comes from Him is His, not mine.

:-)




No comments: