31.10.10

Not hot cekelat dehhh!


Well hello everyone...! :-))) I'm blogging live from Gua Musang, Kelantan. Have been here since Oct 24th...So it's been what, a week plus? Oh my, it was initially very hot during the day, and bloody cold at night. On top of that, we are given accommodations at Rumah Tumpangan Mei Hwa, I call it. Damn, can't the company get us a more decent place to stay with so many other choices, we got among the worst...:-( But I'll live as I always do, some have even taken the extreme measures of shifting to another hotel on a self-paying mode. I don't have that luxury, so Rumah Tumpangan Mei Hwa it is...LOL



Sweet... That was my first thought of Kelantan food. Almost everything is sweet, even the sambal tumis...! It has been quite a long week for some of us. Not only because of the food. But it seems that the culture of the food business is that everyone seems okay with the late service, no matter how long it takes for the food the reach the table.

Impatient KL people like us would sigh at the slow service and the wrongly taken orders by the waiter or waitresses. Mostly due to the language barrier, we usually ended up with teh o when we order teh ais or as they call it here, teh beng. A kopitiam shop here is now well-known for its slow motion service. Funny but the locals do not seem to mind...:-)

I miss my hot chocolate...Huwaaa...As a colleague says it, can't wait to go back to civilisation...LOL. No offence Gua Musang folks, it's just that we are used to certain luxuries in life...be it small ones :-P

I did go around the town to learn and see new things...meet the people. The are actually quite friendly, though it takes me some time to figure what they are saying...LOL...

Meet us in www.oigalas.blogspot.com for more boring stuff on the by-election and campaigning...:-P

No comments: