15.10.09

That’s life…

open house

Last weekend, a friend of mine, Meque, had an open house at her home in Putra Heights. She was a friend of mine in high school, and  coincidentally, her husband is a friend of my husband’s. So we made the time to go meet some old friends…
When we arrived, I saw some friends that I have not seen since school years, some as far back as form 4.(I changed school at F5). Some with kids, some in-progress getting kids, some about to get married.
What triggered my mind was…how we have changed. There was an aura of…maturity to a certain degree. Many of us, I believe, although I may not know ALL of their life stories, have been through life’s hardship at some point of their life. I could see it in their faces, the unwritten pain, and the hidden sorrows.
Along the way after school years and now, there was a lot of gatherings and reunions. Some did not make it, some did not want to make it…me included. But it was all justifiable I think. We all have our reasons.
Having been through a rough patch in my life, and at one point, having nothing in my life, gatherings and such was never a thing I wanted to go to. The fact is, I wasn’t happy at that time. And gatherings are happy occasions I think. I applaud those who are going through rainy days, yet still managed to make it. It takes courage. I definitely didn’t have it.  To plaster a smile on your face when your heart is not feeling it.
IT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE. And It’s always easier to judge than to be in that person’s shoes.
But one thing that needs to be said, EVERYBODY has their own drawbacks, no matter how happy they look or how ‘perfect’ they seemed. But it’s not always said. The unsaid is usually more painful that how it looks. So no matter how ’inferior’ you feel, know that the grass is not always green in other peoples’ lives too. That’s life…
So to my friends, I enjoyed seeing you guys, although in school we were never  that close as friends, but we’re not in high school anymore are we…? :-) Life has thought all of us many things, but for me, life’s too short to harbor old grudges or anything else from the past. I, for one, know that for a fact.
Enjoy our lives as adults and mature individuals… enjoy it while it lasts. Be it good or bad, it’s still experiences that are worth going through.
C you guys next week…! ;-D

2 comments:

Aznita@Terk said...

rugi x dpt join..btw zarina,apa gmail add?nak add you as one of my blog reader..

Eddina said...

Ya lah terk...lenkali moh joing...best gak jumpe ramai2...aku ni baru nak berkecimpung dlm arena gathering hahaha...
anyway, add aku: eddina2627@gmail.com